LAST UPDATED: 3/03/19
This notice describes how Eadon, Lockwood and Riddle Estate Agents Limited (ELR) collects and uses personal data and the rights you have in relation to your personal data.
This notice was last updated on the above date and may vary from time to time so please do check for any amendments. Any significant changes to this notice will be clearly indicated on the homepage of the website.
ELR is registered at 888, Ecclesall Road, Banner Cross, Sheffield, S11 8TP and acts as a data controller with respect to the personal data provided to us. ELR also trades under ELR (Wickersley) Limited. ELR company reg no: 5823335
If you have any questions in respect of this notice, or would like to exercise your rights as stated in this notice, please contact us at the above address.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about individuals who choose to register through our website or in person at our offices for the various services we provide. The personal data we collect relates to:
- Identity data – e.g. first and last name, marital status, gender, date of birth, maiden name
- Contact data – e.g. email address, residential and/or work address, telephone numbers and billing addresses
- Financial data – e.g. bank account and other payment details
- Transaction data – e.g. payments made or received and services or products purchased from us
- Usage data – e.g. information about how your use our website, products and services
- Technical data – e.g. IP addresses, browser data, location data and platform data
- Marketing and communications data – e.g. preferences in relation to the marketing services you receive from us and from third parties, as well as your preferred means of communication We may collect ‘special categories’ of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). We collect his data in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations – namely to conduct effective due diligence with respect of buyers, sellers and tenants of UK property (e.g. anti-money laundering checks).
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
ELR collects the personal information detailed above in relation to individuals who: (i) register their interest in ELR’s services or products (e.g. online via email/website or visiting our offices in person); (ii) have used ELR’s services or products in the past; (iii) are referred to us by third parties (e.g. through property search engines or via property management companies); or (iv) for other purposes disclosed at or before the time the information is collected.
Such data may be provided to us through filling in the appropriate forms on our website (or websites owned by our affiliates) or through registering with us to receive our services and/or products directly via telephone or in person. You may also provide us with personal information if you contact us by email, telephone, post or otherwise.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
ELR uses the personal data it holds to: (i) provide products and/or services to you; (ii) communicate with you about our products and/or services (e.g. alerts on newly available properties or marketing which matches your preferences); (iii) to process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received by from you; and (iv) fulfil our legal obligations.
Your personal data will be processed lawfully for purposes including: (i) the performance of a contract with you; (ii) to develop our products and services and grow our business; (iii) to deliver relevant marketing information to you; or (iv) as is otherwise necessary to advance our legitimate interests.
We only request information which is necessary for these purposes and use this in a proportionate manner. For example, we will only contact you with marketing information that you have elected to receive and through the means you have elected when you have registered with us (or as subsequently updated).
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR EMAIL ALERTS OR MARKETING PURPOSES
We may ask whether you wish to receive email alerts or marketing from us and this will be made clear during the registration process. We will not send you email alerts or marketing if you ask us not to, but the nature of our business requires us to be able to be in contact you through appropriate means (e.g. email, telephone) We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. If you have agreed to receive email alerts but you later change your mind and no longer wish to receive these emails, you can change your preferences at any time or you may also unsubscribe from our email alerts by contacting us directly via 0114 352 0122 email@example.com in order to remove you from our distribution lists.
STORAGE, PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be disclosed to certain third party service providers (the “Service Providers”) in order to allow us to deliver our membership services to you. These Service Providers currently include:
- PROPERTY SEARCH ENGINES? Rightmove, On The Market
- ESTATE AGENCY SOFTWARE / SUPPORT PROVIDERS Property Software Group PSG
- SOLICITORS GIVEN TO US BY YOURSELF AND YOUR BUYERS / SELLERS
- PHOTOGRAPHY & EPC SUPPLIERS. CP Property Services
- FINANCIAL ADVISORS / BANKS. Mab Mortgage Services.(Brook Financial)
- CLOUD STORAGE OF DATA. Microsoft Office 365
These Service Providers have been carefully chosen and we have taken steps to ensure that all such entities keep your personal information confidential and secure and only use it for the purposes that we have specified and informed you of. Each of the Service Providers may transfer personal data to their sub-processors. Please note that the Service Providers may be subject to change and we will keep you informed if this is likely to affect the processing of your personal data.
ELR has reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in place to protect your personal data. We also require our Service Providers to have adequate security measures in place for the safeguarding of personal data processed by them and ensure our contracts with them require the Service Provider (and any sub-processors) to abide by their requirements under data protection legislation.
The information that we collect is stored and processed in the European Economic Area. The arrangements with our Service Providers may involve transferring information outside of the EEA.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR DATA
Your principal rights under data protection legislation in respect of the personal data that we hold about you are:
- The right to access that personal data (for which we may charge a small administration fee);
- The right to rectification of that personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data;
- The right to restrict and/or object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority (namely the UK Information Commissioner’s Office); and
- The right to withdraw consent to processing of your personal data.
You may decline to share personal data with us. In such cases, please note that we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality provided by ELR (e.g. provision of relevant information relating to your property search, relevant marketing information). If you are unsure about any of your rights, further information is available at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website (http://ico.org.uk/)
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is no longer up to date. You can update, correct, or delete your personal data at any time by contacting ELR, 0114 352 0122 firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND DOMAINS
The ELR website and email communications originating from its staff members may include links to third-party domains (or applications). Please note that if you click these links you may be allowing third parties to collect your personal data. ELR has no control over these third party domains, and cannot be responsible for their individual privacy statements. You should ensure that you read the privacy notice of every domain you visit.
We retain personal data for as long as you are actively using ELR’s products or services and otherwise as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, unless we have a legitimate interest in retaining the data for longer periods or are otherwise required to by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.